Intense Pulsed Light or IPL is commonly referred to ask, "The Light that Treats All Skin Care Needs". Both the pleasures and stresses of life, along with the simple passage of time, tend to cause our skin to appear older. And the signs of photoaging and sun damage are typically most visible on a person's face and body. While numerous treatments from simple creams to major surgeries exist to improve various facial flaws, skin specialists have always sought dramatic improvement with low risk and no "down time."
Many conventional treatment options can only address one condition at a time, while they entail a prolonged recovery time, considerable pain, and potential side effects. Photorejuvenation using Intense Pulsed Light. is a non-invasive treatment that treats skin damage without disruption of the skin's surface, hence no "down time". Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) can simultaneously treat a wide range of facial concerns safely and effectively, such as broken capillaries, benign brown pigment, age spots (sun-induced freckles), mottled pigmentation and poikiloderma.
Intense Pulsed Light FAQ
What is Intense Pulsed Light?Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology is a breakthrough treatment that can correct a variety of benign skin conditions, such as facial skin imperfections, the signs of photo-aging, birthmarks, unsightly small veins, and other blemishes. It offers a safe, non-invasive solution that can be tailored to your individual condition and skin type, providing superior cosmetic results and outstanding satisfaction, through a new process called "Photorejuvenation".
How is "Photorejuvenation" performed?A cold gel is usually applied to the area to be treated, and you may be given dark glasses to protect your eyes from the bright light. The smooth glass surface of the IPL handpiece is gently applied. You may feel a slight sting, like the snapping of a small rubber band. An anesthetic cream may be used, it is recommended to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to apply numbing cream. Treatment is generally administered in a series of 3-5 sessions that provide excellent long-term results, minimal adverse effects and high client satisfaction.
What conditions can "Photorejuvenation" treat?
Why are multiple treatments necessary?Depending on the number of conditions you are treating, and the severity of the individual problem, a series of five treatment sessions may be recommended. You can return to work the same day and resume all your regular activities. By dividing the full program into several treatments, the procedure provides gradual improvement with very low risk and it preserves the wonderful "no downtime" feature that people appreciate so much.
How do other treatments compare to Photorejuvenation?While there are lasers that treat telangiectasia and broken capillaries, no technology provides the long-term improvement of the complexion and skin texture like Intense Pulse Light, all without interrupting your schedule and your life.
- Imperfections from Sun Damage and Photo-aging.
- Facial imperfections or abnormalities can detract from your appearance, no matter how healthy and young you feel. IPL technology helps create smoother-looking skin. After a series of treatments, you will see a significant reduction of unwanted pigmentation. The same treatment can be used effectively on the neck, chest, arms and hands.
- Benign Vascular Lesions: Broken Veins and Capillaries
- The face has an extensive network of veins and tiny blood vessels called capillaries. Over time, aging, trauma, sun exposure, and certain lifestyle factors cause a number of them to break and appear as red streaks or blotches on the face. IPL therapy can eliminate damaged veins and capillaries by removing virtually all traces of these unsightly blemishes.
- Redness Caused by Broken Capillaries
- Many people suffer from broken capillaries and erythema that causes them social embarrassment. For both women and men, IPL can successfully treat dilated blood vessels without injuring the surrounding healthy skin. IPL technology helps create smoother-looking skin. After a series of treatments, you can see a significant reduction of unwanted pigmentation. The same treatment can be used effectively on the neck, chest, arms and hands.
Watch our IPL video on YouTube or below.