Cleansing your skin
- For the first 72 hours use only luke warm water on your face with a gentle cleanser like Obagi Gentle foam wash.
- Pat dry skin
- Avoid using cleanser brushes. Use clean hands to cleanse the skin.
What to avoid 72 hours after microneedling.
- Excessive Exercise-sweaty activities
- Direct sunlight
- Tanning beds
What to avoid up to a week after treatment
- Cleansing brushes
- Creams, serums, cleansers containing alpha hydroxy acids
- Retinol/Retin-A/ Vitamin A
- Salicylic Acids/ acne products
- Exfoliants/ Scrubs
- Vitamin C
Hydrating and protecting the skin after treatment
- Use moisturizers with ceramides like Skin Ceutical Triple Lipid Restore to keep face hydrated
- Use SPF 30 or up like Elta MD to protect from the sun.
- Treated areas may be pink, tight, sunburned feeling, sometimes tender or swollen.
- Do not wash your face for the first 6 hours after treatment
- Wash your face gently with mild soap and apply moisturizer.
- You may resume your daily skin routine the day after without any active or exfoliative ingredients for two weeks after treatment.
- Avoid tanning 1-2 weeks after treatment. Use SPF 30 or higher.
- No exercise that causes sweating, no jacuzzi, hot baths, or steam for at least 48 hours
- No makeup for at least 6 hours after procedure
- Maintenance treatment every 3-4 months
- Immediately after treatment, most patients will experience erythema (redness)for 1-3 days, however for more aggressive treatments this may last longer. Slight to moderate edema (swelling) and a mild to moderate sunburn sensation are also common post-treatment and may last 1-3 days. Skin may crust and peel for 2-7 days depending on treatment settings.
- Before discharge a topical ointment may be applied to the face, no bandages or wraps are necessary.
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently and avoid scrubbing or trauma to the treated area.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation.
- The use of a zinc oxide sunblock SPF 30+ at all times after 24-48 hours.
- Multiple treatments over a period of several months may be required to achieve the desired results.
- Use a home care regimen as recommended by your provider to obtain desired results.
Please contact our office if you experience anything unusual such as pain, blistering, or excessive redness.